Your browser is out-of-date!

Certain sections of this site will not work as expected.
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now

Application for Licensed Architect
Architects currently licensed in U.S.A. applying through reciprocity


Please Note: The following application is for individuals who are currently licensed or registered as an architect in the U.S.A. and no other Canadian jurisdiction and intend to practise architecture in Nova Scotia. In order for this application to be processed you must:

  • Complete this application in full
  • Upload all required documents (see document list below)
  • Pay all applicable fees
All correspondence from NSAA will be sent via email. You must use an email address that you monitor regularly when registering with the Association. Please add to your safe senders list.

Please be advised:

  • A corporate permit is required for practice by any business. You must ensure your business has a current, or is currently applying for, corporate permit with the NSAA.
  • You will require proof of liability insurance (in the form of a certificate of insurance), and documentation confirming that this insurance covers all work in Nova Scotia (this may be in the form of a letter from the insurer), unless exempt under regulation 10(2).


If you will be uploading your documents with this application, please make sure you have the following scanned in PDF or JPG format before you begin:

Alternatively, you can send your documents by regular mail, but this will lengthen the processing time considerably.


Required Documents:

Copies of these documents are required in order to complete the application. Please make sure they are complete and scanned so they can be attached to this application below or have mailed directly to the Nova Scotia Association of Architects.

  • Confirmation of registration/licence from all jurisdiction in which applicant is currently licensed (Only applicants whose home jurisdiction possess reciprocity with Nova Scotia through the existing Inter-Recognition Agreement between the U.S. and Canada may apply. You must confirm with your home jurisdiction if they are a signatory on the current agreement.)
  • Confirmation from your home jurisdiction that you are currently up to date with your Continuing Education requirements, and were compliant with those requirements at the end of your jurisdiction’s last Continuing Education Cycle.
  • Certificate of Insurance (Demonstrating current Professional Liability Insurance)