Your browser is out-of-date!

Certain sections of this site will not work as expected.
Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now

Application for Licensed Architect
With Broadly Experienced Foreign Architect Certification


Please Note: The following application is for individuals who have completed the Broadly Experienced Foreign Architect Program and hold a certificate number from the Canadian Architectural Certification Board. In order for this application to be processed you must:

  • Complete this application in full
  • Upload all required documents (see document list below)
  • Pay all applicable fees
All correspondence from NSAA will be sent via email. You must use an email address that you monitor regularly when registering with the Association. Please add to your safe senders list.

Please be advised:

  • A corporate permit is required for practice by any business. You must ensure your business has a current, or is currently applying for, corporate permit with the NSAA.
  • You will require proof of liability insurance (in the form of a certificate of insurance), and documentation confirming that this insurance covers all work in Nova Scotia (this may be in the form of a letter from the insurer), unless exempt under regulation 10(2).


If you will be uploading your documents with this application, please make sure you have the following scanned in PDF or JPG format before you begin:

Alternatively, you can send your documents by regular mail, but this will lengthen the processing time considerably.


Required Documents:

Copies of these documents are required in order to complete the application. Please make sure they are complete and scanned so they can be attached to this application below or have mailed directly to the Nova Scotia Association of Architects.

  • Evidence of BEFA certification (Copy of BEFA Certificate).
  • Evidence of CACB certification (Copy of CACB Certificate, if applicable).
  • Copy of Work Visa / Documentation (or copy of Birth Certificate / Passport) demonstrating ability to legally work in Canada.
  • Current Photo suitable for I.D. (Passport Size, “Head and Shoulders”, taken within the last six months).
  • Certificate of Insurance (Demonstrating current Professional Liability Insurance)
  • 1 Completed Reference Form

Reference Forms can be downloaded here